Saturday, April 09, 2005

Tell-Me-More

Our Language Department has been using a 2nd language acquisition program called Tell-Me-More which we have been using with EF (English Foundation) and EC (English Communication) since March of 2004. Overall, it's a very nice supplementary learning program. This is the 1st semester we have designated "lab profs" (or "lab rats" as my good friend, Peter, has called us....) to supervise and run the lab classes. I am one of them. Lynn has set the whole thing up and she has been such a marvelous help!!!
Some times I think I'm losing my mind though as I hear students repeating over and over again such statements as:
  • "Sorry? I didn't understand."
  • "My sunglasses. I need my sunglasses."
  • "Do you have your bikini?"

It is a wonderful opportunity to get to interact with some of our freshman students though as I don't have any EC or EF classes this semester. Each week I have 5 lab classes, which means that I see almost 150 EF/EC students in the computer lab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter
view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook