Thursday, June 16, 2005

My Students' Writing Continued

“At night, when I was walking to my dorm I met a friend, Do-Na, that is my music group member. I was glad about meeting, so I said hello to him very delightly. But he did not answer. I felt strange, “Why does he answer to me?” He walked to me close, but he was not Do-na. I felt shame. At that time, my friend, Sa-mi was walking along the cross road. I that was confused because of the shame event called her to escape from this shame atmosphere. And I ran to her. But she was not my friend, too! I felt shame twice!”

“I tried to write a good essay, but I thought I had very poor grammar skil, so I asked for some help to my friend in America. But that was a wrong way to write an English essay for the class. I forgot the rules about that-only three helps is allowed. Since I’ve comeback to school, I am very stressed by English. Every class I attend, I needed good English skill, even design class. I had tried to interprete the textbook but there were many difficulties. Today, in EGC class, I disappointed myself because of my first essay. But I know the regret doesn’t help to improve my English skil. I decide to look at the bright side. I’ll do my best again and again, and I will get a confidence about English someday. I will stand up my own foot. This is my important happening today. Yesterday, I read an article titled “Mother Tongue” which is written by an Asian-American writer. She wrote about her Chinese mother’s “broken” or “twisted” English. That article made me get more confidence about English.”

“Our team members went out for dinner at the Bulgoki restaurant in downtown. There were so many people waiting for entering that place that was very popular in its taste. After waiting for 30 minutes we could get our turn. My team members already was prepared to enjoy the meal. There were a variety of meals such as pork, beef, duck, etc. the meals were not good to me, but my friends were very very enjoyable. Eeating the food, we talked about our future, job and love. That was serious and true talks. One of the team members asked me “Are you really believing in God?” At first I was a little embarrassed because I didn’t know why he asked me. With a short hesitation, I opened my mouth “I believed in God, but keeping my mind was very difficult thing in our society.” I also asked him about his beliefs. He didn’t yet believe in God but have a lot of curiosity about God, church, and bible. I thought I could help him for the matter of the beliefs.”

“I live out from handong in Kock-gang. There is neary by handong. So, I went to handong on foot. It takes about 15 minutes by one side. In the first two weeks, I keep walking, but it makes me very tired. So I request my parents to buy autobicycle. Some days later, I got a supprising massege that I become a owner of car. It happened to me that I didn’t expect. Now I go to handong easily.”

“Before a week, I wondered why God had to send us Jesus Christ for me. I have too many sins to be forgiven, and have no worth compared with Jesus. If I have to chose a mud made which I like or my perfect lovely child, a decision I would make looks clear. I’ll never change my child with I could make again.
However, God’s determination was me. He sent his son to this world to forgive me. Like David has heard that he is son of God, I am also blessed to be his daughter. Because God did not think I was just a “creature” but a :”child” he loves, he give orders to his flawless son to replace my low position. It’s really uneasy to understand how God could send his son, but still I could firmly recognize his countless love. Thanks to my heavenly father.”


“I went to a movie three days ago. Most people watch a movie with someone, but I love to go to a theater alone. Because I can focus on the movie that I choose, I went to the downtown alone. There were not many people in the theater, so I could easily take a ticket. The movie the I selected was about a teacher. However, he wasn’t a typical teacher for he talked about how to date well with a woman. In fact, I had no one who I loved, so I needed some instructions through seeing the movie. The movie was very fun and I enjoyed until the end. But I felt some empty. Where can I find her in the world? After seeing that, I just walked in the street and imagined my right person. Suddenly I really hoped to sing aloud. Naturally I went to the park near the sea. While I saw waves and stars in the sky, I felt better. There were some couples in the park and they looked happy. I decided that I was going to changed my mind and attitude. I believed that the key isn’t a woman, but me.”

“December 28th, 2004-That was the day when I came back to Korea for good from the long journey of mission life. I was pretty excited because whenever I visited Korea, I always wanted to stay longer and finally I was going to stay as long as I wanted. Partially I was glad to leave the Philippines because I was so sick and tired of that crappy country. Anyways after we arrived at the Incheon airport, we decided that we should visit our grandfather first since it was a kind of Korean tradition so we hopped onto a bus and headed for Jeon-Ju, a city in the Southern Jeon-la province. We arrived very late at night, around midnight I suppose, and the weather was really freezing. My uncle was suppose to come and pick us up but he was nowhere to be found. We gave him a call from the payphone and he told us he couldn’t make it due to his work that came up suddenly. As a result we grabbed a cab and went home and went straight to bed. I was still happy to be back in Korea though.”

“It has been exactly a week since I broke my leg and got my cast. People who knew that I play the basketball automatically assumed that I got hurt from the basketball. But that wasn’t why I’m on my cast. I was doing fine until someone wanted me to substitute her for the group jump roping. I didn’t want to do it but there was no one available. In the middle of it, the rope hit my left ankle, which has been weak all the time, and I fell only on that ankle instead of landing safely with both of my feet. I pulled my muscle really badly and couldn’t put any weight on my left foot. From then on, I was on crutches. I started to feel how the handicapped people would feel when they’re going up the stairs or some hills. Such a small thing like little bumps on the ground was a big problem for them. It makes it so hard to walk whenever there’s an incline of the road. This experience has been valuable to realize there are so much things I’m thankful to God. I thought everything has just given to me and didn’t even appreciate it. In addition, I thought I knew how difficult it is to live as a handicap but I know now that it’s not just difficult; it’s extremely difficult. And I also thank all my friends who have been helping me out. They have been my feet and hands so that I didn’t feel that much inconvenience with going to classes or up the stairs. This was indeed a precious experience, which I learned so much from. Like professor Brown said, through this situation where I have been weak, God would glorify Himself."


Computers
Computers have changed everyone's life. I have seen that in my dormitory, too. Mang Min-ho, one of my roomates, looked originally like a guy who only studies, and actually he graduated a high school that requests a high score to get in. However, it did not last for a long time. He became a computer mania. He uses his computer until 3:00 am, reading some fantasy books, watching some tv programs. He gets up so late, too. After he sleeps so late, it seems so hard for him to get up early. He usually gets up at between 9:40~9:50 am, even if he has second period classes. I have a computer now, which I borrowed from my dad. It was because I realized the need of computer to study, but also I am afraid of becoming like him. I hope I use this computer only doing my assignments and studying.

Sleep
Yesterday, It was tiresome. We had four hours marathone conference. Come and see conference that started at 10, and ended at 2. So I came back, and slept till today 1:30 p.m. I slept like a dead person. I was suprised at how long I slept. It felt good. I didn't sleep so long since the begining of the semester. I think I won't have time to sleep like this until summer. Finals are coming up and all. Anyways, it's kind of sad that we sleep one third of our lives. We sleep least like twenty five years. Sleep are necessary of course. I think sleep signifies our weakness and the fact that we are limited. So everyone need God. We need God to give us strength, rest, courage, and love. Philosophy from sleep, is kind of wield. However, there are always something learn from little things of life. At least, I think so. Therefore, I need go sleep now again.

The Order of Priority
We can't do everything, so we decide the priority order for our given work. Of course, the priority order between study and play is maybe study, and that between taking exercise and watching TV will be exercising. However, there are difficult questions. What is the order of priority between reading a bible and reading a text book?, or What is more important between love and friendship? Especially, the problem of selection between reading a bible and reading a text book is the most important to me, because reading a bible can help to know about God, but reading a text book can help to Know about information of my major. I want to acquire wonderful wisdom to solve this problem.

My Life of Failure in an Examination
My life is life of failure in an examination. First failure is when I'm 16 years old. I failed in an entrance examination of Seoul Foreign Language high school. Second is when I'm 19 years old. I also failed in all entrance examinations of Seoul National University, Korea University, and Hanyang University. I was very disappointed about that. Second semester in 2003, I want to study abroad at government expenses, but, I failed. Finally, I failed in the Higher Civil Service Examination in 2005. Even though my life is life of failure in an examination, I thankful to God because God loves me and God is my everything.

Graduation
Yesterday, I took graduation pictures in Handong. Through this time, I firstly took bachelor's hat. At first, I took only pictures; preferably, I bother that. However, I had no sooner taken on bachelor's hat than I'm moved about my graduation of university. It took four years ever since I enter to Handong Global University. I thought "when do I can graduate Handong" when I'm freshman. However, it becomes to leave the Handong. I'll keep forever follow statement in mind. "Why not change the world?"

EGC class
Originally, there wasn't EGC class in Handong Global University; instead, there was a conversation in English 4. Thus, I thought EGC is a subject of conversation. However, that wasn't the case. The subject was, as the literalness meaning of a word, a subject of composition. In 2003, I studied the method of writing essay for TOFEL test. Thus, I'm very confident of EGC class. However, this confidence wasn't continuous for a long time. In EGC class, there are many people who have experiences living foreign countries. I'm very disappointed. However, I pledged that I'll do my best. I have done my best for one semester. I'm very satisfied my life of EGC class, and I thank to Andy, Prof. of EGC.

Professor An Mi Young
Teacher's day was actually on May 8th. However, we had our own teacher's ceremony today. Our team members prepared for this event several days before. Our team leader and Sang Young made a short movie about our team and what we have done. They didn't sleep for days to make it. Also, we sang several songs and read a letter to our professor. She was so impressed and cried. It is her first year in Handong, and I think everything is not easy for her. But God has called her here, and I know He has plan for her in Handong. I hope she achieves what God has planned for her. Also, I will keep pray for her. God bless An Mi Young.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter
view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook