Monday, July 11, 2005


This monk boinking a hollow wooden thing in which they believe they are putting the universe "in balance" (while begging for money, of course...) What you do not see in this picture is me approaching him and after a bit of chatting, handing him a gospel tract, him taking the document and attempting, like a wild dog it seemed, to rip the paper with his teeth. (not successful...so he threw in the garbage can instead) and his loud shouts of "Go to hell!!!" which indicated that he must have left his "state of Nirvana". Unfortunately, due to his misguided belief in reincarnation, there's always a chance in the next life, right? Sad indeed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Maybe it was a misunderstanding?! RIGHT!!
1Co 1:18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Keep up the good work bro.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Andrew Brown said...

That's the exact verse that consoled me as I went off to pray for him, bro! (But I really like the NIV version of "foolishness" to those who are perishing...)

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What would you do if a Buddhist came and gave you a Buddhist scripture?

7:44 AM  
Blogger Andrew Brown said...

I would read it and discuss it with him. (Especially if he took the time to give me one in my language!) I often take the time to discuss such things with Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons or anyone who approaches me hoping to bring them to a saving knowledge of our Lord and Savior. (1 Peter 3:15)

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter
view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook