Monday, October 03, 2005

Have You a Clear Conscience?

"My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me." (1 Corinthians 4:4)
I love this verse because it shows the ludicrousy of the world's thinking that "they need not follow/obey God because they have a clear conscience. This isn't far from people's argument that "I don't need God. I just try to live my life with no regrets." That's fine and dandy but it will not leave you guiltless on judgement day.
By the way, each person's conscience lets them KNOW that they have done things they regret so no one's conscience is clear anyway! We see this in Romans:
"since they know that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them. This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares." (Romans 2:15-16)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter
view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook