Thursday, March 02, 2006

Prayers for my dear student, JiSeon (Heidi), in the US as she volunteers for Hurricane Relief work Mar. 6-11th

One student has come up a lot in the last week. Ji-Seon (whose English name is "Heidi") was partly responsible for an Afghan exchange student coming to Handong who was over tonight with the other Afghan guys and Ezra (my favorite Cambodian!) for pizza. She is at Cedarville University this semester as an exchange student with 5 other Handong Global University students. Apparently, they are making quite an impression on people over there! The OIA (Office of International Affairs) sent us this link to an article and photo of them. (Ji-Seon is the 2nd from the left in the photo on the top right corner of the 1st page:
http://www.cedarsonline.com/RES/5407_COLOR.pdf
I emailed her and this was her response:
Hi Andy,
Thank you so much for your kind email. You are so sweet:) How was your trip? I hope you had a great time! I am doing really good, and I was chosen as a volunteer for hurricane relief team. My team is going to go Gretna in Louisiana during this coming spring break. We will leave school on March 6th and be back March 11th. I am looking forward to going there. Yes, our picture was at the first page of the newspaper of this university. Did the office of international affairs of Handong send link to CEDARS to professors? Wow, I didn't know that. I appreciate your prayer and caring. I try to cling to the Lord, and I'm healthy spiritually, emotionally, and physically by your prayers. I'll pray for your spiritual and physical health, and classes. Do your classes start next week? You might be looking forward it.:) I know you are doing good and you will, but if you have any prayer request, just let me know. Have great days in Christ!! "For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose." Philippians 2:13
Love, Jiseon
p.s. I'm excited my Afghan friend (Razak) I met in Afghanistan during last summer mission trip and an exchage student (Jordan) from Cedarville Universty will stay Handong from this semester!! I hope you meet them and share our Lord, Jesus!
How exciting to see God so mightily at work everywhere!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Andy! I'm Heidi.:) Thank you so much for your notice, and I'm so impressed!!: I'm really excited about the pictures of you and my friends! How amazing God's work is!!:D I hope you and my friends have an awesome time in Christ.:)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Andrew Brown said...

Good to hear from you, Heidi!
May God bless you and protect you as you minister in Louisianna! You are a true ambassador of Christ!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter
view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook