Saturday, August 26, 2006

Teaching for IMPACT

Intercession
Modeling
Partnership
Alertness/Attentiveness
Cultivation
Trust/Time
Intercession-We must be constantly praying for our students.
Modeling-Like Jesus said to his disciples in John 1, "Come and See". Hands on! We must be kinds of Christians that people want to imitate (ultimately leading them to imitate Christ).
Partnership-We must work with other Christians/teachers. We are the BODY of Christ. We must realize our absolute dependence on the body of Christ.
Alertness/Attentiveness-We must "seize the teachable moments" which sometimes requires "interruption" of the intended schedule...
Cultivation-I must cultivate my own soul through sermons, study of the Holy Scriptures, and reading books that challenge my notions. I must be prepared to "break up the fallow ground" (Hosea 10:12) of my heart.
Trust/Time-I must trust that God's grace will do work wonders in faith. I must not see my students with "wordly eyes" but as Jesus sees them! Also, I must understand that God's timing is best. We might not see the fruit of our efforts. ("I planted the seed. Apollos watered it, but God made it grow." (1 Corinthians 3:6) ("Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." (Galatians 6:9)
(These are reproduced sermon notes from Gary Parrett's lectures)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andy. What fun to look through all your photos. You've done a great job here. I'd like to ask you to include my name on the various handouts you've reproduced here, as all this is part of a book project I'm involved with. Thank you. It was great to be with you and the whole Handong crew. I was very moved by what you all are doing for the Kingdom. GP

1:04 AM  
Blogger Andrew Brown said...

WOW! Nice to have you visit, Gary!
Yes, I'll be sure to include your name on all sections. May God bless your book project abundantly. Let me know when the book comes out. I'll be one of the first to order! :-) Thanks again for the wonderful sermons. God bless and hopefully we'll see you again in the future! (God willing)

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the quick adjustment! I just showed all the pictures to my wife--how nice to be able to see all those faces again and keep them in my memory.

Shalom.

Gary

12:02 PM  
Blogger Andrew Brown said...

Perfect peace ("shalom shalom") to you, Gary! (Isaiah 26:3)

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter
view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook