Friday, December 29, 2006

When Words Fall Short and The Heart Can't Express

Whenever I attempt to explain in words all that God has done for me (like at the end of this semester), I find that my words fall short. It's at that moment that instead my heart leaps upward and carries the intended feelings onward where words can do no justice...still yet there is a limit to the heights that my heart can go in expressing my gratitude for how awesome God is and how merciful and gracious He has been to me. Where my heart can venture no further, it is my spirit that rises in adoration and praise and joy of God's salvation and provision and it is there in the spirit that I rise to greet Him.
So, when my words fall short
and my heart fails me,
it is my spirit that soars!
"I waited patiently for the LORD; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD...Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare," (Psalm 40:1-3,5)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter
view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook