Monday, May 02, 2005

Kindly Leave My Walls Alone

Kindly leave my walls alone, sir.
They're not intended to wound or maim.
It may be cold within this mortar
But I need it all the same.
It seems the moment I let my guard down
A poisoned arrow finds its way
To the center of my being
And it kills me day by day.
Kindly leave my walls alone, ma'am.
I don't believe I'm asking much.
I'm a jelly-hearted softy
But these bricks are oh-so-tough.
I'll not throw any sticks or stones
Across the distance protecting me.
I kindly ask you to be going
Leave me alone and let me be.
Years later, this poem unfinished.
Hard to remember the man who wrote before.
I only know that I'm so grateful
That Jesus persistently knocked upon my door.
I find myself on the other side now
Gently tapping walls as some did mine.
I pray they open up to Jesus
Only in Him, true peace they'll find.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter
view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook