Saturday, May 07, 2005

Unexpected Kindnesses in Unexpected Places at Unexpected Times

"Isn't it great when people you appreciate show you signs of appreciation!" (Well, that's just a sneak preview of heaven, by the way! :-)) Anyway, that's what I was thinking when 2 students that I really appreciate approached me and asked me if they could buy me lunch after class on Friday. Wow! How considerate! Byung-Hee explained that their invitation was an early gift because "Teacher's Day" (a Korean holiday celebrated every May 15th) falls on a Sunday this year and they wouldn't get a chance to thank me in class. Double wow! I, above all people, know that I am not that good of a teacher and there are many things that God still needs to improve. I firmly believe that any good that someone might happen to see in me is Christ and any bad that someone most certainly must see in me is me, Andy, getting in the way of Christ's work. Atanyrate, I felt a real sense of gratitude for being invited to lunch knowing that it was based on the grace of God. Byung Hee has often stated his nervousness about speaking English, as he was in the army and out of school for a few years, (all physically able males in Korean must serve in the army about 2 1/2 years) but I find that he is VERY capable and engaging in English. YuMi was also a real pleasure to talk with outside of the class over lunch.
Thank God for such unexpected mercies that He showers upon the undeserving every day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter
view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook