Wednesday, June 01, 2005

"A Letter in the Mailbox"

Letters are a silken thread
That runs from heart to heart,
Weaving a web of things unsaid
When we must be apart.
It is my prayer that my composition students become not only better writers but better people as well. (The kind of person I pray for my students to become is the kind of person I pray for myself also to become!) With that thought in mind, my students were asked to write a letter of appreciation, encouragment or forgiveness to anyone that God placed on their heart. They wrote a 1st draft for homework and then copied a final draft (after peer editing) onto a lovely card with stickers. Many of these letters were quite personal and of course I cannot share the contents but how touching they were!
This class activity made me realize how terrible I have been with keeping in touch with loved ones and letting them know just how much they are appreciated. (That is one of the major reasons for making this blog as I've told you before...but still, there is something SPECIAL about a letter in the mailbox!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter
view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook