Friday, June 10, 2005

"The light at the end of the tunnel..."

We are finishing up week 15 of a 16 week-semester here at Handong University. Tomorrow (Friday) is really the last day of classes and then the DLE finals are given on Saturday, June 11th. Lots of marking to do to get the final results together. The most important thing seems to be to get the students in their "correct and fair ranking"...as we have a mandatory mark distribution system enforced in our department for core courses. We are NOT allowed to give more than 30% of our students As and not more than 70% of the students can get As and Bs. That means that 30% of my students should get C+ or lower....I'm sure you can imagine how excited I am about that....
Just found out that due to low student registration for summer courses, I will not be required to teach summer classes. That is wonderful!!! I will actually have almost a month off before the planned trip to Iran!!! It seems like forever since I've had such a nice chunk of time to enjoy. I always feel like I'm in a mad dash to go on mission/move or plan something right after the semester ends. Finally I will be able to "get things in order" and write a few long overdue letters and such. I am REALLY looking forward to this time (but not the unavoidable humidity of Pohang summers....).
"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." (Proverbs 19:21)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter
view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook