Monday, June 06, 2005

Review and Final Lesson of "Living Free by Beth Moore"

Glenn Creech led us through the final lesson of Master Work's "Living Free by Beth Moore" study. The "Master Work" books (from LifeWay church resources: www.lifeway.com ) are a great resource for any small group bible study!
This was a review of the last 6 weeks. (7 including Sunday's review...)
"Living Free" by Beth Moore
Praying God's Word
While praying scripture at least two things happen. We will find ourselves in intimate communication with God and our minds will be retrained and renewed to think His thoughts. He will ultimately resume His proper place in my thought life as huge and indomitable, and my obstacle will shrink.
This is not a name-it-claim-it philosophy. Our chief purpose is to develop the mind of Christ in areas that seek to hold us captive.
The length of time it takes to demolish a stronghold depends on God's objective. Whether He frees us immediately or chooses not to heal us does not matter. He has one of two objectives. He wants to show us His supremacy or teach us His sufficiency.
Demolishing Strongholds
The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid. (Psalm 27:1)
The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer. (2 Samuel 22:2)
The Battle in Our Minds
Though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:3-5)
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways." declares the Lord. (Isaiah 55:8)
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. (Philippians 4:8)
Knowing and Believing God
You are my witnesses, declares the Lord, and my servants whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. (Isaiah 43:10)
You were shown these things so that you may know that the Lord is God; besides Him there is no other. (Deuteronomy 4:35)
Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; He is the faithful God, keeping His covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love Him and keep His commands. (Deuteronomy 7:9)
Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe: help me overcome my unbelief!" (Mark 9:24)
The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith." (Luke 17:5)
The word of the Lord is right and true: He is faithful in all He does. (Psalm 33:4)
Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one He has sent." (John 6:29)
Glorifying God
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14)
Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts. (Isaiah 26:8)
So whatever you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31)
Finding Satisfaction in God
You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing. The Lord is righteous in all His ways and loving toward all He has made. The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear Him; He hears their cry and saves them. The Lord watches over all who love Him, but all the wicked He will destroy. My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord. Let every creature praise His holy name for ever and ever. (Psalm 145:16-21)
O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. (Psalm 63:1)
Experiencing God's Peace
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)
Enjoying God's Presence
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not waste you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. (Isaiah 43:2-3)

Some concluding thoughts during class:
Avoiding prayer is a prescription for anxiety.
Prayer is a prescription for peace.
Human effort always points to us...
We Christians hold 2 sticks of dynamite to break strongholds:
-Prayer, and
-The Word of God

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter
view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook