Monday, October 03, 2005

"The Morning After Conversation"

What a nightmare to wake up after a night of partying and drinking hard to find yourself with someone you don't know at all and can't believe that you slept with!
NO, this is not something I've done recently but these are thoughts from my past that I have every Sunday morning as I am sitting drinking my coffee and reading my Bible and pockets of partying couples from the night before come in.
-Sometimes the couples are eerily quiet and you can sense their discomfort as they are so hung-over that they don't even try to masquerade their feelings hoping to part ways quickly after getting coffee and a bite to eat.
-Oftentimes they talk a lot and very fast hoping to hide their nervousness and discomfort.
-More often than not, there is a lot of swearing and joking used to try and "color up their conversation".
What can I do but sit there and offer up a prayer for God to pour out His mercies on them and to bring them out of such a promiscuous lifestyle which seems to be all about freedom but is in fact of the deepest bondage?! Part of me secretly longs for them to start pestering me about my Bible reading so I can share with them my experience but until that point, I just sit, read, and pray. Please understand that I do not judge such people (as that was exactly MY lifestyle years ago and I would still be in it if not for the Grace of God!) but rather my heart goes out to them knowing exactly what it's like to have a "sexual hangover" with a "Coyote Ugly" feeling in the morning, and doing the same thing the next weekend hoping to find "that partner who doesn't exist who will someone make it all seem worthwhile". (As a side-note, that has got to be the longest "run-on sentence I have ever seen! :-))
Partners will never satisfy as God alone was meant to take that place in our lives.
Let me just publicly Praise God for bringing me out of the darkness and into His glorious light!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Brown said...

"most won't listen unless they are ready"....so true!
As it's been said, "God calls us to be witnesses, not prosecuting attorneys!"

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter
view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook