Saturday, August 26, 2006

Handong University's 2006 Summer Retreat - 2006.8.21-23


Dear Friends,
Welcome to our Summer 2006 Faculty Retreat! I have been often deeply moved by your dedication, your sincere heart for God's kingdom and your service for His glory. I am so thankful to be serving the Lord with you in "God's University." I am also aware of the fact that we can grow weary and lose the passion that we once had for the Lord. I pray that this retreat and this coming semester will be times of renewal from the Lord. May the Lord meet us in such a way as to restore our first love for Him. May we remember, repent and do the things we did at first (Revelation 2:4-5). "May God Himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and He will do it." (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24)
Young Ho Hwang, Head Champlain

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andy!

Welcome back to a new semester at HGU!
I really appreciate your blog. Although I missed the retreat, I can see a little bit of how it was thanks to this.

Isn't Pastor Gary a great man?
(I'm a little biased)

6:32 PM  
Blogger Andrew Brown said...

Thanks, Jeannie!
Yes, we missed you at the retreat. It was cute to hear about you and Young-Ho studying together in the 8th grade in Gary's Bible study. I'm glad you were blessed in some way getting to see a bit of what went on.
MANY blessings as you prepare for classes next week! (& yes, Gary IS a great man!)

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter
view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook