Saturday, May 07, 2005

THE TEACHER

Lord, who am I to teach the way
To other people day by day,
So prone myself to go astray.
I teach them knowledge, but I know
How faint the flicker and how low
The candles of my knowledge glow.
I teach them power to will and do
But only now to learn anew
My own great weakness through and through
I teach them love for all mankind
And all God's creatures, but I find
My love comes lagging far behind.
Lord, if their guide I still must be,
Oh, let the other people see
The teacher leaning hard on Thee.
(-Leslie Hill)

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Brown said...

Wow! Thanks & Blessings to you! Your quote reminds me of Proverbs 11:25, "He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed."

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counter
view my guestbook sign my guestbook free guestbook